Romantic Couple Development Questions
A list of questions to ask yourself about the couple/pairing/OTP you're writing about.
- What sorts of non-lovemaking activities and such did your characters bond over?
- What sorts of non-lovemaking activities do they do together?
- What kinds of things do they talk about when they're together?
- What dreams and goals do they share?
- What dreams and goals do they have that they do not share?
- How many children does each partner want? Have they discussed this? If not, why?
- What other plans do they have for the future? Which ones have they discussed? Why and/or why not?
- What are the most difficult situations they have faced together so far? How did they overcome them?
- What are some of their best memories together so far?
- What things do they do that get on each others' nerves?
- What views do your characters disagree on? How do they reconcile their differences in opinions?
- What sorts of things did they or do they get into arguments or fights over?
- How do they reconcile after arguments or fights?
- How do they each react when the other is in pain or is troubled? What do they do to help the other?
- What is the biggest potential threat to their relationship? What is the most likely threat?
- What would each partner be willing to change about xirself for the other? What wouldn't they be willing to change for each other?
If you liked this, you might also be interested in:
Basic Tips To Write Healthy Relationships
Plot Punter - Romance Edition